BMC Montessori Teacher Training Diploma course aims to ensure:
- A full knowledge of the authentic Montessori philosophy, method and its application.
- A deep understanding of the materials and activities developed by Dr Montessori.
Early Years Educator qualification will foster an in-depth understanding of early years education and care.
The following points will be covered:
- Support and promote children’s early education and development.
- Plan and provide effective care, teaching and learning that enables children to progress and prepares them for school.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment.
- Develop effective and informed practice.
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children.
- Work in partnership with the key person, colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals.
BMC qualifications are provided by Bournemouth Montessori Centre.
Other important points covered:
- An understanding of child development: physical, cognitive and spiritual
- Knowledge of early years issues important to education in this country (Early Years Foundation Stage).
- A knowledge of health and safety issues relevant to the under 6's, including comprehensive First Aid training.
"There are many who hold, as I do, that the most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to age of 6. For it is the time when man's intelligence itself, his greatest implement is being formed." Dr Maria Montessori
This is a short summary of the varied content within our Montessori Teacher Training Diploma courses. By the end of your time with us, you will have all the tools to be a confident Early Years practitioner.
These qualifications have been credit rated by SQA at SCQF level 8 with 149 SCQF credit points.