Healthy Eating the Montessori Way
- Eat with your children - model how to eat and make it a relaxed family time.
- Offer food on the table in bowls, let them serve themselves.
- Try hard not to talk in front of the child about foods they don't like - be really positive and go on offering the offending food.
- Prepare food with them - fruit salad, sandwiches / wraps, mashing bananas etc. They will normally eat what they make.
- Make cleaning up fun - use small sponges and a step to reach the sink.
- Provide a low mirror so your child can wipe their own face.
- Grow some vegetables - even in a small pot. They will eat what they grow.
- and remember..... we all have things we don't like to eat!